D O O R safetyYour garage door is the largest appliance on your home, it is the largest moving object on your home. An improperly adjusted garage opener can exert deadly force when the door closes, which could lead to entrapment of children or adults and subsequent injury or death from asphyxiation. An overhead door is a large, heavy object that moves with the help of springs under tension and can cause serious injuries or death. Keep transmitters and remote controls out of reach of children. Do not let children play with or use the transmitters or remote controls. For your safety and the safety of others follow these instructions:
- Do not attempt to make your own door repairs. Springs, bottom braces, cable and supports are under high tension and can cause serious injuries.
- Do not stand or walk under a moving door.
- Keep door in full view and free of obstructions while operating.
- Do not allow children to operate the door controls.
- Look at the door and hardware monthly for worn or broken parts and to see if it is out of adjustment or unevenly balanced.
- For doors with automatic openers, remove pull-down ropes and remove or disable locks.
- Test to see if opener has a working reverse feature.
The push button wall control should be out of reach of children (at least five (5) feet from the floor) and away from all moving parts. Mount and use the button where you can clearly see the closing garage door. When using the pushbutton or transmitter, keep the door in sight until it completely closes. Teach children to never play under or near an open garage door. Do not allow children to run under a closing door. Retest monthly following manufacturers instructions.Do not remove, cover or paint over warning labels on the door.All repairs and adjustments should be made by a qualified mechanic or professional. Stop neglecting your door today E-mail us or call us at (702) 873-6416 Our residential service call is $45.00 and labor is $44.00 an hour. Service would include but is not limited to visual inspection, tightening of all loose screws/nuts, replacement of all worn parts and full lubrication of door.